[M3devel] bind_segment vs. declare_segment?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Fri Nov 19 11:01:44 CET 2010

I'm not looking at m3front. I should.

Why does declare_segment not have the size?

I'm going to just live with whatever the frontend does for now.
Make an extra pass to find the bind_segments, so that when
I do things "for real", declare_segment can set the size correctly.

Later I'll do better -- making the segment contain fields.
So that globals become debuggable, in stock gdb (as big records).

But first I want configure enable-checking to work.
(with one exception, the static link stuff..)