[M3devel] hudson tasks m3cc vs. build vs. prebuilt cm3cg?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sat Nov 20 14:02:29 CET 2010

Olaf, I'm not sure Hudson works right in terms of using/copying the right
prebuilt cm3cg at the right time.

I see evidence of using out of date cm3cg.

Given that we don't ever by default clean m3cc.
And given that I adjusted stuff to use upgrade.sh and I believe
install cm3cg and cm3 together at the right time.

But given that I didn't look into or adjust how the pairs of tasks (m3cc and build) interace.

Given that I think build works on its own.

I request that we stop all the m3cc tasks and remove or at least disable the PREBUILD_CM3CG stuff.
i.e. asking agreement/permission. I'm willing to do it.

Alternately stated:
  I understand and can fix if needed upgrade.sh.
    Though I do use upgrade.py myself, all the time. We should consider it..but they are about the same.
  Anyway, my point is, I understand, like, "a single workspace" setup.
  Maybe Hudson should work that way?
  Now, I understand there is granularity. You want to see some Hudson tasks finish,
  before others run. So, in the interest of that, I'm very willing to leave m3cc first,
  and if that succeeds, have build build its own cm3cg. That is wasteful, but
  can be helpful. I mainly want to remove/disable the "prebuilt_cm3cg" thing.

Thanks,