[M3devel] slight hudson/opencsw oddity

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Mon Nov 8 10:16:03 CET 2010

Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

> Presumably it's
>
>   mv foo foo-old-unique  && mv foo-new foo  && rm -rf foo-old-*
>
> ?
Why/how should that fail unless the machine actually goes down, which
didn't really happen, did it?

> I've definitely saw a bunch of these directories, just not with the
> wrong layout.
> I've been going to all the nodes and cleaning up/recovering.
> There is something bad I don't understand that hit many of them.
> This:
> ../src/runtime/common/RTHooks.i3:15:0: fatal error:  *** illegal
> type: 0x17, at m3cg_lineno 4
>
> The "best" and very not good explanation is an m3cg intermediate
> format change and incorrect upgrade process.
> I did make a change in the past week, the removal of
> set_runtime_hook or such.
> I made sure my upgrade.py works, which I know isn't what Hudson uses.
> But I suspect(ed) Hudson does things right.

The Hudson jobs uses the upgrade.sh script, but that should work, too.
Actually nothing that didn't compile the core should ever get installed
in the cm3-inst/last-ok package pool, but sometimes this doesn't seem
to work :-/