[M3devel] slight hudson/opencsw oddity

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Mon Nov 8 10:59:42 CET 2010

Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

>> The Hudson jobs uses the upgrade.sh script, but that should work, too.
>> Actually nothing that didn't compile the core should ever get installed
>> in the cm3-inst/last-ok package pool, but sometimes this doesn't seem
>
> The important thing is that cm3 and cm3cg need to be updated together.
> They must always be taken as a matched pair.
> You may never mix and match.
>    Well, max/match *usually* works. But the way to allow interface changes
>     is to not do that. But those changes are rare...

Our current separation of Hudson jobs for m3cc and cm3 will only work
if we start with m3cc _and_ the new cm3cg can be used by the _old_
cm3 front-end. If we expect more incompatible changes related to the
cm3-gcc interface, we should indeed consider a version mechanism there
at least to detect mismatches.

Olaf