[M3devel] still recovering Hudson..

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Tue Nov 9 14:20:30 CET 2010

Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

> ps: current, last-ok, prev-ok, etc. I don't know what all these are.
> So I just make a valid current install and replace them all.

I thought I had explained that some time ago, but maybe I forgot. So here
is the gist:

  o current, last-ok, prev-ok are all complete package pools + compiler that
    contain a complete cm3 installation
  o for builds, current is initialized from last-ok; then packages
    are built and shipped to current
  o if a build succeeds:
    - prev-ok is replaced by last-ok
    - last-ok is replaced by current
    Thus we should always have a backup for recovery in case something
    goes wrong. And last-ok should always be exactly what its name
    indicates (the last working version) (it seems that this invariant
    sometimes does not hold :-/)
  o tests usually just use last-ok

Olaf