[M3devel] operator overloading?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sun Nov 21 19:53:55 CET 2010

"Obscures the underlying code" is true of so many things.
Exceptions. Garbage collection. Objects. Nested functions. Function calls! Default parameters. Generics. Pickles. RPC.
It is a matter of degree, cost, value though, granted.
  The runtime cost of operating overloading is zero, at least.
  And the unobscured code is horrible to read and write actually (which is the reason for many features).
  This is case where "obscure" is clearly good, and not obscure.
  But it is a matter of degree. I should probably try implementing it before I ask for it too strongly.

  - Jay