[M3devel] CM3, Windows and GCC

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Oct 19 12:39:35 CEST 2010

Yes, both such targets exist, I386_CYGWIN and I386_MINGW.
Nobody uses them. But they are there and have worked in the past.
Maybe time to make sure they work and keep them working (Hudson).

However you have somewhat confused apples/oranges.
Somewhat. We have our own builtin code generator. We only use
Microsoft tools for 1) a little bit of C 2) linker 3) C runtime.
You ought to be able to combine either backend with either runtime and either C compiler and either linker. Though I noticed the C runtimes are somewhat tied to the linkers.

Note that our builtin code generator generates pretty good code and does it fast.

MinGW is probably the way to go for "AMD64_NT" though.
  Or the proverbial C backend.

 - Jay