[M3devel] Runtime only package for Windows? With preselected modules?

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Sun Oct 24 07:59:51 CEST 2010

Thank you for elaborate answer.

I did build_standalone() and so far so good... It only pulls system libs
as .dlls (and it is clearly visible by depends.exe) and C libs I
linked.

Under Linux I changed link command so it linked part of these libs
statically too... I think we need more control there (previously
discussed import_static()). C people have that curse|control point where
they have to specify their link commands, but we probably need to
recognize patterns so we can abstract in m3makefiles and pass them on to
lower levels.

I do not agree on "big physical memory and everything..". No matter how
spacious modern computers are, bad design can chew all that in no time.
Same is true for processor speeds and we all recognize that, but we
easily forget about space being other leg of software/algorightm
efficiency.

--
Dragiša Durić <dragisha at m3w.org>