[M3devel] versioning of .deb

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Mon Sep 6 22:36:08 CEST 2010

I used cm3-LINUXLIBC6-REL.deb, and it installed cleanly.  But as is, it
won't pass muster as a submission to Debian.  Not that I expected it to,
and I'm happy with where it puts files, especially for a package that's
still 'experimental' (but not in the Debian-technical sense of the
'experimental' distro, which is even freakier than sid).

But one thing it should do, which it doesn't, is include a version
number in its name.  I'm not sure what the exact rules are in Debian for
delimiting a version number, but I'm sure *you*'d find it useful to know
which version of a package is involved when getting bug reports.

-- hendrik