[M3devel] m3cc/m3gdb mangled names

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Sep 14 16:09:28 CEST 2010

Two part proposal:

if targeting a platform that m3gdb doesn't currently support, don't mangle the names
  I understand this set is subject to change, and therefore that's a flaw in the suggestion.

if I can determine that neither -gstabs nor -gstabs+ are on the command line,
  and I think I can, then don't mangle the names.

and then, along with the goal of making all optimizations work I want all the other
-g options, like plain -g, to not crash.
I expect these goals have somewhat coincident fixes.

I expect to do this shortly.

This is a brief period to object, and maybe for me to explain myself better
than in the commit message, perhaps.