[M3devel] CM3 services and Elego support, was: Re: conversion to another version control system

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Wed Sep 1 09:57:33 CEST 2010

Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

> That's not what I meant. I've complained enough about that. :)
> The NT386 archive has "cygwin" in its name.

Ah, that, sorry, the sleep still in my eyes led me to misread odd as
old.

Please add something appropriate for Windows in
http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cm3/scripts/sysinfo.sh?annotate=1.104 line
112
in function build_platform. Probably some environment variable
extract?

> I'd also like to drop "vendor"/"hardware", at least pc/unknown.
> Unless anyone thinks this is "programmable": run config.guess
> locally and then download matching archive.

I think we should have a common format there. I agree that the
-unknown- is unfortunate, but i386-apple- actually adds a bit of
information (for those wondering about Darwin).

If it looks better and doesn't break any scripts I won't object
to any changes though.

Olaf