[M3devel] UI, Trestle, native... Cocoa??

Darko darko at darko.org
Tue Sep 28 08:40:46 CEST 2010

I think that guy is wrong. Objective C is a layer on top of C and all Obj-C operations can be boiled down to normal C calls. M3 can interface to any C calls so it's not too difficult. What might be a little challenging is getting Obj-C objects looking like M3 objects, but most probably that just requires some glue and weak references to interface with Obj-C reference counting based GC and having the right layout for Obj-C declared object fields.

I agree that GUIs should look native because that's what user's want. If you're interested in experimenting with Mac interfaces there is fairly complete Carbon API implemented by the Mac module which I think is in the repository.