[M3devel] ease of switching between pthreads and userthreads?

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Thu Apr 28 15:47:28 CEST 2011

Hi all:
yes, that would be awesome ! :) instead of having the threads question of select one be able to switch, we can have sort of multiprocessor implementation capabilities and/or simple multi threading both for free in the RT like for special SPIN, however you should have migration capabilities between both address spaces and sort of a RT executive to control threads of both spaces:
http://courses.cs.vt.edu/~cs5204/fall03/Papers/Migration/mathiske95migrating.pdf

Similarly it would be good to see how much hard would it be to set distributed applications to get RT easily distributed in m3core, libm3, etc:
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.41.9178

for something like the compiler, type checker, etc

So any thread could live in a different machine in desired space