[M3devel] Baby Modula-3 type theory books

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Thu Aug 4 22:53:16 CEST 2011

Hi all:
I guess there should be some number of literature quite useful as academic bibliography.
If somebody agree for instance to base some of this on theoretical background, but there is a point on it.
Likewise any modern computer compiler is appearing without too much knowledge of its own, some of this may be shared knowledge for instance in the advantage of implementing an improved systematic language, or specific purpose like small-lisp package (I'm obviating thesis languages which are still sometimes common in the sense of academic terms, which reminds me have any one tried m3loader for instance for such an environment in DEC-SRC M3?), anything else is just spurious for this analysis.
I would argue that synthethyzing all of this knowledge since it's natural language and matehematical abstraction hard stuff would be worth the value.

Basically the most material I have found is on:
Abadi-Cardelli logic
Abadi-Cardelli Applications (GIS, etc)
Abadi-Cardelli Further developments

Abadi-Plotkin logic
Abadi-Plotkin formulae reasoning
Abadi-Plotkin + other's descriptions

Abadi-Leino ESC system Ecstatic
Abadi-Leino ESC technological improvements

And finally I would make an improvement on logically synthesize both mathematically and structurally to its bare roots and develop a prototype of it, perhaps M3Fsub or baby Modula-3 or anything any one would want or dare to observe in that way.

Similarly a improved theoretical background is needed as I can see for the whole project, for instance claim we achieved of certain subsets of the language properties of no-RT errors, correctness, etc, I would this claim be called Super theory of Baby Modula-3 and arrive to the Modula-3 or so language(s) in some handbook of the material (I would kindly ask if so the publication of somebody like Modula3.org/books donation for Modula3 Projects or the part I can get to work without more knowledge).

I hope this can satisfy the need of more tools to start something with that in Modula-3.

Thanks in advance

PS: A genealogy web page could work for that as well, so don't need to copy/paste unneeded stuff