[M3devel] A bigger library for GUI packages

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Wed Aug 17 23:48:08 CEST 2011

Hi:
I agree on such web apps, if you see there isn't anything more than CM3-IDE but if so, I would want to play with web forms in a sense like reactive objects, then computation model is somehow different of what Modula-3 was supposed to do in its time, systems programming to make web applications or cloud programming, it could be fun project and I think there is a project on that, but again, it should be software to do with an application programmer than with a systems programmer, I felt in the latter category long ago, I can't seeing myself written Java applets for living (I know some might do that anyway), I mean, you loose both sides of the programming arena, in one easy propagation of changes in Modules, and in the other side you sort of have the same restrictions of the former (Java or JS are a kind of lacking of that I believe if I may say so), but you need somehow light weight system (a small JVM for instance could be of good use) or a microkernel
 but ...
Anyway it could be a good task for a philosopher to think about that, there was somework on the Vantage project in SUN, but then theyy made a mistake made some small computers with JVM chips but this were quickly displaced by x86 family.
I guess your suggestion is something like that, isn't it? A distributed application like for small businesses and something with special value for all mases is pretty hard, given the market trends a new product for the masses is better a new product for a small business oriented system. However I still think there are many years to go from the Business model to the Masses model you think that's near at least in the SUN times it wasn't now I don't know, it might true as well both can coexist if such day comes then it's a new design for the masses what is wanting for the thing I guess is where you want to be, I feel your perspective is although present I don't know how much near of the reality of every day life. I hope is not though.
Thanks in advance