[M3devel] About Juno-2 and automating debugging software

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Thu Feb 3 03:02:27 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 04:20:58AM +0000, Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. wrote:
> Hi all:
> yes, I believe is doable especially if you think this issue comes again in another form, the AI guys thinking what went wrong, well nothing went wrong as I realize now, there is a lot of research certainly, but in the end is just the same thing like before, and you can see this like the reuse of concepts of prior knowledge as is mentioned between other by Dr Andrew Tanenbaum, it just happens when something like this: see, the GPGPU GPU stuff alike is a nother come of the concept of explicit parallelism and its implication in computing fields, surely more developed in terms of the hardware this was I believe, but at the end is just another way of calling Transputers in earlier times, is just like it, then it was not an abandoned thing like before, just a reuse of the concept, and in practical terms this what it is the Occam Occam2 and alike languages; there is one in particular of my interest here the one built for drawing using CSP of Hoare, the language
>  is called Armadillo see a slide show here, specially check for the Computer magazine backcover in p. 6 in:
> https://lsl.unal.edu.co/fl18/conferencias/09.20_ArmadilloTortugav02.pdf

The TUNES website is a good place to look for plans and musings in the
direction of formally verified programming:

http://tunes.org/

It's a project that aims to use formal verification for security, and
has produces a lot of interesting theorizing about the issues, but not
much practical code.  At least, that was the case last time I looked
at the web site seriously a few years ago.

-- hendrik