[M3devel] pthread_atfork

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Sat Feb 12 13:02:11 CET 2011

I think it would be acceptable to say that pthread threading is
broken on FreeBSD6 (as it is not officially supported any more).
All the stuff below should be documented in the 'known problems'
section. Especially the different behaviours of fork for
user and pthreads. This should also be mentioned in the M3
interfaces (source code)!

Also that to use use threads with FreeBSD requires to remove the
-pthread flag, as Mika noted.

BTW, do we have a chapter explaining what to do to use user threads
instead of the default pthreads?

Olaf

PS: Hint: this would be a great task for anybody lurking on the lists
and trying to get involved :-)