[M3devel] threading on Windows?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sun Feb 13 00:37:12 CET 2011

I assume he means "the thread tester should work"?
But agreed, the vast vast vast vast majority of things are ok and have been ok for the vast vast vast majority of Modula-3's existance.
  Even in recent years. pthreads and user threads.
  Infinite loops with TRY in January 2011 would use infinite stack. Understood.
  Finite loops would merely use more than they should and reclaim upon function return.
cvsupd didn't work for a while with pthreads. Because of its use of "fork and do more work" and its assumption
that all threads survive fork. Relatively few programs do that and they were all broken by pthreads.

The new thread tester probably needs more attention.

 - Jay