[M3devel] More on threading

Coleburn, Randy rcolebur at SCIRES.COM
Tue Feb 15 23:05:37 CET 2011

Jay, since I have a Windows2000 system, I can test the MAC address discovery (or anything else you need).  Just let me know.
Regards,
Randy Coleburn

From: jayk123 at hotmail.com [mailto:jayk123 at hotmail.com] On Behalf Of Jay K
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 8:12 PM
To: Coleburn, Randy; m3devel
Subject: Re: [M3devel] More on threading

Agreed -- I don't know of any reason Windows 2000 wouldn't work.
Or possibly even older. The main "upgrade driving" factor is what the C toolset/runtime supports.
And I've tested building with quite old C toolsets.
Hm. Maybe the new-ish MAC address discovery code doesn't work on older systems? That could be.
I could make that use GetProcAddress and fallback to the older code.
That is an area with the historical code seemed too non-ideal to stick with, and clearer
more direct code might depend on newer systems.

 - Jay