[M3devel] cm3-ide

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Fri Feb 18 15:37:24 CET 2011

Hi all:
yes, it's agood idea, in fact there is one still in preparation M3clipse, the syntactic analyzer, parser and  abstract tree builder and has not yet its semantic analyzer, all are written in Java, so it helps to this purposes, perhaps you can can have a hand of it, for now it just colorize its syntax and so see it:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/m3clipse/files

(it doesn't have any files right now, I believe because of recent crashed project repository server, I can try to put it on the web if any interest its license is EPL)
You have this feature in another integrated development environment in another good package, cooledit, I think it features what you are suggesting, even it has an integrated keyword highlighting and code completion but still though it has integrated gdb window support, you might want to add m3gdb support to it (ideally I would say):
http://freshmeat.net/projects/cooledit

If you need cooledit Modula-3 syntax files you can tell me or be put on the repository for everybody if any interested just tell me, this is written by Pino Zollo.
Yet another "cool" option is an "intelligent" or simply advanced integrated programming environment, it has a graphical debugger (in an internal debugging language) and so you can take a look at it in its book:
http://www.cs.brown.edu/~spr/research/envfield.html

And finally about cm3ide, I think it makes sense to have an distributed environment for reading its hyperlinked source code in almost any web browser by free, i.e a browser plugin which has an speech synthesizer for blind or low vision people. Of course any other custom plugin for any type of checking is a wanted feature, i.e. static analysis or runtime failures could be detected and prompted by it, which is sort of good if have any failure is good to be reported about it, and just not only throw a program debug image file don't you think?
Hope it helps, thanks in advance.