[M3devel] More on threading

Coleburn, Randy rcolebur at SCIRES.COM
Sat Feb 19 10:34:38 CET 2011

Jay:

For Windows 2000 SP4, using Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition:

1.  I tried building the MachineID.c program in the first example link, but it runs into an unresolved symbol at link time.

cl MachineID.c
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 14.00.50727.762 for 80x86
MachineID.c
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 8.00.50727.762
/out:MachineID.exe
MachineID.obj
LIBCMT.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup
MachineID.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

2.  I was able to build the program in the 2nd link.  Here is the output from running this program:

        Num Entries: 2
        Index[0]:        16777219
        InterfaceName[0]:        osoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools\
        Description[0]:  EL574ND4 Ethernet Adapter
        Type[0]:         Ethernet
        Mtu[0]:          1500
        Speed[0]:        100000000
        Physical Addr:   00-00-86-5E-DF-A0
        Admin Status[0]:         1
        Oper Status[0]:  Operational
        Index[1]:        1
        InterfaceName[1]:
        Description[1]:  MS TCP Loopback interface
        Type[1]:         Software Lookback
        Mtu[1]:          1500
        Speed[1]:        10000000
        Physical Addr: