[M3devel] operator overloading? [no, please!]

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Thu Jan 20 14:34:02 CET 2011

I hope this subject will die, and fast :).

With operator overloading it is not Modula-3 anymore. Not nearly.

I have scripting language, developed in-house and influenced by Modula-3 and a need for some more dynamic features, need which arises from time to time. It is extensible extension language, parsed to AST and interpreted from there. When I get time, I'll generate something object from it, but it works as it is. One of my plans is to extend it to used ObjectiveC objects and runtime... All outside of Modula-3 but near enough to be fully useable.

Please don't kill Modula-3!