[M3devel] operator overloading?

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Fri Jan 21 18:40:54 CET 2011

Hi all:
I think besides is a needed feature and is in the Green Book to have arithmetic overflow.
The longer I see this, I came to see that we would need to simulate each arithmetic overflow case to see whether is ALU or FPU model we have that. This requires simulation overhead in the compiler but I guess the option would be have this infrastructure for source language compliance, thus allowing not compliant hardware to solve this issues with something like this, see:
http://nvl.nist.gov/pub/nistpubs/jres/101/2/j2anut.pdf
In any case there might not be too much delay for architectures such as VLSI.
Thanks in advance