[M3devel] About Juno-2 and automating debugging software

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Mon Jan 31 05:20:58 CET 2011

Hi all:
yes, I believe is doable especially if you think this issue comes again in another form, the AI guys thinking what went wrong, well nothing went wrong as I realize now, there is a lot of research certainly, but in the end is just the same thing like before, and you can see this like the reuse of concepts of prior knowledge as is mentioned between other by Dr Andrew Tanenbaum, it just happens when something like this: see, the GPGPU GPU stuff alike is a nother come of the concept of explicit parallelism and its implication in computing fields, surely more developed in terms of the hardware this was I believe, but at the end is just another way of calling Transputers in earlier times, is just like it, then it was not an abandoned thing like before, just a reuse of the concept, and in practical terms this what it is the Occam Occam2 and alike languages; there is one in particular of my interest here the one built for drawing using CSP of Hoare, the language
 is called Armadillo see a slide show here, specially check for the Computer magazine backcover in p. 6 in:
https://lsl.unal.edu.co/fl18/conferencias/09.20_ArmadilloTortugav02.pdf
(Also its Armadillo, small, but kind of sweet animal and very nicely armored, it is found here in the wildness parts here in the sea costs of the Atlantic Caribbean sea in the north of south America, but also a kind domestic animal if you live in some country like this here too) I believe I have no seen this animal in any Oreilly front cover book, I believe from the ones I have seen (am I correct?).
Well to state this less profound, the called abstraction for machine generation of this sort of derivate of Lisp Logo CSP and Modula-3 uses the Modula-3 structural equivalence type system part of Modula-3 type checking and the most part of it dynamically typecheking of it, so its Object Oriented if you can say that. Still it has records as in Modula-3 and fell like you were there, never the less, all sort of non-imperative forms of the language, like floating point types and sort of Arithmetic ones, well sort of the integer I believe, though It might be expandable if one just arranges that as well I believe in its core runtime.
It's not supposed to be interactively run but to be to run semi-interpretable as an Armacode binary representation up to a tree which takes not so much time to build up and run to the execution time, also it has an option to be dynamically interpreted as a core of a JIT inserted calls to runtime functions I think. It serves well for the purpose of checking it with a possible ESC/Armadillo checker but also permits same kind of applicable and beyond Modula-3 optimizations also via an hypothetical super optimizer code generator for Modula-3 language as linker and loader module subsystem.
Instead of having if its own interpretation subsystem by itself, it lives and relies on the connection with other parts of the system like m3-ui and function from Modula-3 IO to rightly process nice and fast graphics by its own self extension libraries and data types, like turtle, etc.
Well, I just thought this might be helpful to find a better way to analyze a possible upgraded middle end interface for future CUDA or OpenCL platforms in the way it works for Modula-3 threads and types, with such an abstraction which perhaps does allow to create an accurate creative Juno-2 optimizations and stuff from there too that might be useful to speed up it too.
It might be useful to note the product mentioned in the slide in the terms it writes as a Multi-transputer, sort of a multi-user high middle-end server which came with open OS soured and customizable processor interconnection and compatibility to other operating systems via LAN NICs.
Sort even nicer profilability than one may think, very advanced for this days I still would say, or at least sophisticated for its time (compared to this times), see an explanation of its architecture:
http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/susan/bib/ss/occam/multit.htm
In any sense it is not intended to create a bigger scene just short pictures the bigger problem to dedicate more time to less independent functionality like interoperability between both platforms and stuff alike.
Well, hope it's bit of contribution makes a good chance to create workable for real platform for the intent to continue this eventually, some of its last effort was I see:
http://books.google.com/books?id=fpKF8r9ithQC&lpg=PP1&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q&f=false
which sort of an amenable way of coping with its development research, see for the Transterpreter part or Multi-Transterpreter :)
Thanks in advance