[M3devel] concurrency

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Mon Jul 4 15:39:17 CEST 2011

There was a lot of discussion on problems with concurrency when we wen
to pthreads implementation so that we could make use of multiple CPUs.
After a while disuccion sttopped.

Have these problems all been resolved yet?

If I recall correctly, there was a problem with one program, cvsup,
using fork as well as threads.  This worked with green threads, but not
with pthreads.  Has cvsup been rehabilitated in some way?

How do pthreads interact with the garbage collector?  Or are there
several garbage collectors with different interaction modalities?

-- hendrik