[M3devel] Google Benchmark - anyone interested in an Modula 3 version?

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Mon Jul 4 03:51:24 CEST 2011

Hi all:
it
would mean to compete in such a way in a super computer an alternative
to run without garbage collection (not unsafe but ESC/Modula-3 RTError
and RTCollector disabled but for safe automatically collected objects,
again if we are strictly speaking of a naive implementation algorithm,
if parallelization is allowed under recursive or nested paradigms we
are set to compete too but not absolutely).
I mean, given the effort
they took to run the compiler and tune it for other languages and would
get same compiler effort plus ESC modelling to subsume the collector
for perhaps dynamic scripting like say e.g Obliq, we don't want to
compete with Obliq, but if we do I guess we can't compile JIT it since
all RT structures are interpreted not plain executed, so perhaps this
would be the logic ideal competence (again the type inference could
save us some time but dynamic typing is another thing, it must run its
structures dynamically even without those checks the code is not just
plain executed, if so, then maybe the main and ideal platform would be
again super computers anyway).
If there is such possibility, also we would potentially execute several tests for running smoothly, such as performance penalty run for the given platform (lets say the debugger is able to give you such tests if so)
Let me know if other requirements implications are something of relevance here.. Thanks in advance