[M3devel] onoing hardware clearance.

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Sun Jun 5 05:08:22 CEST 2011

Hi all:
I heard from a U. Delaware Professor that they were working in Open64 research compiler, the exact details I don't know, but they did have a machine super (symmetric) multiprocessor and he told they were trying with Microthreads (in his brief conference he said that Win nor Linux were amenable for that, that is, inefficient), when I asked his opinion about Pascal, he told preferred speed than anything else, sadly, but I myself prefer good compromise between speed (execution) and safety (and they are related truly, precisely, this was evident in the ARX project when the compiled code was double size for ARM compared to 32016 back in Acorn days before Olivetti, I think they compiled code for they SUN NeWS for it too which was as far as I know C plus classes or at least something like that).
If I may say so, there are other attempt to make safe C, CCured is one, they inserted RT calls to detect RT otherwise failures, very much like SPIN did.

Thanks in advance