[M3devel] About current DCVS and Elego Compact version to don't fear the fork

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Mon Mar 14 17:26:54 CET 2011

Hi all:
I just was wondering was the current status of integration if so of both tools, as I have been reading this techguide, see:
http://www.zdnetasia.com/don-t-fear-the-fork-how-dvcs-aids-open-source-development-62207783.htm?scid=nl_z_tgos

about forks and distributed control version systems (maybe that should I call it diversion?).
Ok, I read that some of the Modules are ready for cvsup in Elego-compact but what about dcvs, does it makes sense for it to have it if it's not already integrated, or would you have considered this before current elego compact release, if there is anything specific towards that integration if so what else would be needed or are they loosely coupled?
I appreciate any comments and opinion about doing that, for instance a given php developer which already has cvsup as its control version system mirror of cvs may want to contract someone to make a fork and so to do that.
Thanks in advance