[M3devel] About CM3_IDE_UsersGuide format if so

Coleburn, Randy rcolebur at SCIRES.COM
Tue Mar 29 21:40:16 CEST 2011

Daniel:

I am ok with you or anyone else providing the user guide in additional formats.
I simply provided it in the formats readily available to me at the time.

Regards,
Randy Coleburn

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. [mailto:dabenavidesd at yahoo.es]
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 7:57 PM
To: m3devel at elegosoft.com
Subject: [M3devel] About CM3_IDE_UsersGuide format if so

Hi all:
I wanted to know whether you agree on reformat the CM3_IDE_UserGuide doc file into a standard linear one, like of the doc tools used in cm3 and pm3 repository are based on either tex, html (and back and forth see belo ) or even gnuinfo files, although there some small ones of mtex that I don't know much about and also the noweb files (literate programming like native burs backend is coded or ldb, where still is to be seeing whether generic files are post processed as expected by cm3) that are also plain text files.
I was thinking in make some docs more widely available specifically some improvement over Net Object collector information, since there are two formal proofs of that I believe one is current there (Birrell's collection scheme) and "new" one distributed cyclic garbage collection.
This would allows us to alter proof them by formal and automatic mechanical checking and such gain some more interest in the platform and its collection algorithms:
http://www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/Compaq-DEC/SRC-RR-116.pdf

And subsequent work:
http://kar.kent.ac.uk/21327/

http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/pubs/1998/926/index.html

and last but not least:
http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/pubs/2003/1650/

With mechanism such as of the pm3 sgml-obliq it could be shown to convert from ps (with see doi:10.1109/ICDAR.1997.619868 [1]) to html to tex and so on keep improving the situation with respect of lack of annotation information with the current papers, as of anybody who wants to write informally knowledge about it let him do it freely.

Well, just in case you don't mind I will try to add extra converted this docs to lyx, from where it could be later compiled to tex or displayed directly in any other format if so.

Thanks in advance

[1] B. Poirier and M. Dagenais, “An interactive system to extract structured text from a geometrical representation,” in Document Analysis and Recognition, 1997., Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on, 1997, vol. 1, pp. 342-346 vol.1.