[M3devel] m2tom3

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Wed Nov 16 01:22:31 CET 2011

Hi all:
yeah my fault, but as I recall although I could compile this years ago, the main issue is that it didn't even work to feed the file to compile or so failed in therefore the first character was read. So it never worked for real for me.
My best bet would export a SUN Unix syscall interface (since it tailored the SUN Modula-2 library) spec like Sphinx in SPIN OS so an export of it for every Modula-3 program understands itself right (yeah it coudl take the years spent from when I compiled until today, or so).
If I were to start a new project perhaps would start making Unix legacy and updated replacements.
The other approach perhaps the most indicated is just to wrap C on SPIN code to make it user level server. This could make the thing (inf act there is FreeBSD server already there just miss several calls, but nonetheless is something there).
BTW, I don' know which platform this compiler used to work, so the main point would be emulate the real sys calls, since they just emulated in Sun OS and Solaris, nothing more. This has a potential utility for another project that depends on this m2tom3 tool.
Thanks in advance