[M3devel] m2tom3

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Thu Nov 24 22:30:35 CET 2011

Hi all:
in fact we need to address surely in a near future since xds Development Environment system has DEC-SRC Modula-3 infrastructure for Modula-2, Oberon-2 mixable Modules project compatibility:
http://www.excelsior-usa.com/xds.html

This could of big help for a lot of good tools that have applied for Modula-3 type system R&D.
So instead of thinking in license mess, we would be thinking in language mixing.
About that they are thinking in releasing the source codes, perhaps, if Elego folks would show interest we could bring some of their tools.
The bottom line of this is we would have same capabilities like CM3-IDE ability to navigate sources, so to have source to source transformations seemingly navigation and code generations capabilities (like for C in XDS system).
I suggest we can make something for that, given the same structure of compilers, of course there is a lot of work, but we could do it, you are so great programmers.
Thanks in advance