[M3devel] A Baby Modula-3 Operating Environment hosted on SPIN OS for Language Researchers

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Thu Apr 12 23:09:00 CEST 2012

Hi all:
I was reading about Meta-Environments (and finding some sort of it for Modula-3) and found MetaBETA (Scandinavian school OO programming language), that uses Dynamic linking and loading of SPIN mechanism for itself:
http://www.daimi.au.dk/PB/506/PB-506.pdf

Can't we make our own flavor for it? Meta-BM3.
We could create the drivers needed for it in a Modula-3 fashion (actually as it happens the side effects of UNSAFE modules could be verified by dynamic type tests and/or verified assembly like in a JVM-style µ-code not to corrupt the verified ones) or by memory watchdog as I believe Alpha architecture had a nice feature to warn against unwanted access on certain memory regions, hadn't it?

Thanks in advance