[M3devel] Modula-3 questions

Mika Nystrom mika at async.caltech.edu
Thu Apr 19 02:25:50 CEST 2012

penn43 at gmx.com writes:
>P.S. is the creation and maintenance of module interfaces all that trouble? I
>read somewhere that it is a pain, and that the inconvenience of it would only
>be paid off when one has to manage large projects (which is not my case).

I personally find the Modula-3 interface design to be one of the best
parts of the language.  It would maybe be nice if it had more levels of
qualification, like Java, but that's a minor issue.  The way that it's
almost impossible to get name clashes is a much bigger advantage.

And you find that the small effort required to type your procedure
prototypes pays off rather quickly...

Finally, I could ask you what kind of programming you intend to do that
you are certain won't eventually turn into large projects :-)

    Mika