[M3devel] Modula-3 questions

Mika Nystrom mika at async.caltech.edu
Fri Apr 20 23:06:39 CEST 2012

penn43 at gmx.com writes:
>> Same here. Lone wolf aspect
>
>Does the "lone wolf aspect" involve a lot of head-beating against the wall?
>Being a largely unsupported language, one may as well expect a lot of frustrat
>ion. Honestly, how bad can it get? Any particularly problematic areas?

People on this mailing list are very helpful, actually.  Sometimes (see
my previous email) the projects are a bit too big to tackle and those
get left as restrictions.

Serious user problems tend to happen with installation and if you
care about some of the special things I mentioned in the last email.
You generally don't need help with syntax (it's a simple language!)
And if you want to learn "good style" I can highly recommend the Green
Book's examples and some of the other libm3 code.

If you need help with syntax it's generally with quake (the m3makefile
language), not Modula-3 itself.  In my experience this tends to happen
when you want to do clever things with generics.

     Mika