[M3devel] LONGADDRESS [was: Re: Downsides of Modula-3 ?]

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Wed Apr 25 15:08:03 CEST 2012

As my first hands-on CPU was 6502, I think I remember a lot.

ADDRESS is pointer size, and even C world spins around one pointer size per architecture. Of course there are various architectures, with their various specifics. Not only pointer size, of course.

What use would be to have two pointer sizes in single project? Do you expect one thread of your program to run on one CPU, second thread on another, different CPU?