[M3devel] Modula-3 bitfields

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Fri Aug 24 21:53:44 CEST 2012

What you are proposing is to do a compiler-level job with a library. Just because such a library exists does not mean it invalidates every other approach. And we are talking about one of most complicated pieces of Modula-3 system, comparable in complexity with compiler. Of course, there are other approaches too, like some kind of interface language, to be processed into Modula-3 source code by cm3 build system.

Your latest example is good illustration for my proposal too. Another simple example to show a need for exact bit packing layout method. Thank you!

--
Divided by a common language

Dragiša Durić
dragisha at m3w.org