[M3devel] help test 4.7 backend?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sat Jun 16 08:09:33 CEST 2012

help test 4.7 backend?

Can folks try out the new 4.7 backend?
edit m3-sys/m3cc/src/m3makefile
add your platform to the list near the top, mapped to "47"
and then run scripts/python/boot2.sh
and then, do it again, but edit config/Unix.common, the functon
m3_backend to always args += m3back_optimize
and optionally but preferably try with -O3 instead of -O2 in
the same file
and try running some GUI apps like solataire

I could use help particularly with:
 SPARC{32,64}_LINUX
 PPC_{LINUX,OPENBSD,NETBSD,FREEBSD,DARWIN}
 ALPHA_OSF
 I386_LINUX, I386_INTERIX, I386_MINGWIN, I386_CYGWIN, because I'm being lazy

I can do various x86/amd64, either in a VM or opencsw,
but splitting that load would be good too.
I might go back to not having much time soon or temporarily.

Still to do:
  apply OpenBSD patches
  update from 4.7.0 to 4.7.1 that was just released.

Thanks,