[M3devel] Windows, Unicode file names

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Mon Jun 25 20:44:18 CEST 2012

Functions like CreateFileA use the "ANSI" or "OEM" code page, subject to a public global in Win32, and the two code pages vary per-install (or per-user). It is just not a good system.  Functions like CreateFileW work very well with 16bit encoded characters.
 Can/do we arrange to have 16bit encoded characters?   - Jay