[M3devel] [M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Thu Jun 7 16:48:24 CEST 2012

Hi all:
Yes, but your estimation that user kind of behavior respect a programmer educated in using true multitask machine is not accurate.
You can't read a program in two parts at a same machine, you need two different people, that it's so a true system of processors, you need a different kind of system to execute some action described. Little is said if you need to modify an OS code and another one also needs that how do you change the OS without interfering the other? To maintain a consistent view of your system?
DEC-SRC were very well educated people who thought that easy of this was not hold in their system (Bob Taylor). They created yet another improvement to Modula-3+ in Modula-2+e
Instead of taking inspiration for that kind of systems, they developed a newer one but I don't know much more than that it was a Win system-like.
That is the reason why Modula-3 in Object code view isn't quite of many other traditional OS fixed Machine (systems that don't scale anyhow). Instead of Virtual Machinery you are confronted a true Multitasking machine.
OK, if you care about that, think what is done to be done for Modula-3 is the full formal definition of the language which starts in Baby Modula-3 consist in that user of the language use it in its own description (hard to explain but that's the only way I'm afraid).
Thanks in advance