[M3devel] help test 4.7 backend?

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Fri Jun 22 17:51:37 CEST 2012

Hi all:
maybe not, else if somebody isn't playing optimization unintended aggressively for m3tests/src but to break semantics of Modula-3 threads?

I mean, m3 sources are OK, respect of the Thread interface, but I don't think for the thing they so call pthreads can be the same at the same time, though DEC-SRC hard influenced it.

The only way to test  that is in No in SW bug, but the HW, kernel aside, but with this HW I can't be sure they are doing thread safe system code (in other words those machines are badly behaved). I have been thinking in this idea, but requiring to make a Virtual Machine for Modula-3 worth the value of playing it for that matter. It could have multithreading capabilities, tough multitasking system and all.

Jay, and all we could try the DEC/Compaq Alpha/Piranha simulator, to catch that kind of errors.

Thanks in advance