[M3devel] Windows, Unicode file names

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Mon Jun 25 18:52:35 CEST 2012

Hi all:
I was asked why there wasn't a faster Modula-3 environment (the Modula-3 NT386GNU is way too slow even nowadays) and without  answer I guess this is the same question of who wants Windows- ready environment and if you are interested DEC had a project M3lite for WinNT/95 (compatible) system
I guess addressing compatibility with old users might get better results for CM3, but that's history now, which don't makes or makes little sense anyway on the understanding that Windows8 will be incompatible anyway with Win32.
As of today I haven't understand what is the new API they will bring on, and frankly I don't care either if they have a new system to get hands on, but certainly you would want sort like that if you have a tablet or mobile phone where there isn't too much time to spend compiling from source Gcc.
Thanks in advance