[M3devel] Proposal for new pragma

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Fri May 11 09:44:17 CEST 2012

DEBUG and ASSERT pragmas are good examples of very helpful and almost non-intrusive debug features. UNUSED is also worth mention.

Another good one can be a way to tell compiler where some object is expected to be referenced. I am just reading big source and part of what I do is to add comments - in particular I comment where from is some procedure called/variable used. Putting this in pragma will not change language at all, but will help writing correct programs a lot.

Also, once we establish a framework for such attributes, steps can be taken towards further ways to ensure correctness of code we write.