[M3devel] Renewed interest in Modula-3 in HP Labs

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Thu May 31 15:13:39 CEST 2012

Hi all:
I see there is some products coming from HP, and others, but specially HP, claiming that provide lower consumption in data center power management.
As I see they are working in Tycoon as a Data processor (created in Germany and Europe).
As Greg Nelson wrote code for profiling the Alphas and Itanium, perhaps they are interested in work on ESC, but nevertheless Modula-3 and family languages (Quest) as Tycoon is based on them.
If I may say so, Quest was defined by its simple denotational semantics, which is the natural deduction system of Baby Modula-3 (though it lacks more than that, but you can process the language of it through the former)
Do we want to confirm that, if anyone interested in the TML - TVM please write me for any other questions or comments
Thanks in advance

http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-news/4373994/HP-cuts-data-center-power-in-lab-tests?cid=NL_EETimesDaily

http://tycoon.hpl.hp.com/~tycoon/doc/users_manual_en/ch-intro.html

http://wwwmatthes.in.tum.de/file/Publications/1992/Math92/paper.pdf