[M3devel] libXaw.so.6 again

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Mon May 14 09:20:08 CEST 2012

Apparently free/open Unices (Linux, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, NetBSD) have no binary compatibility.
I find this very surprising, crazy, disappointing, but apparently true.
We must distribute source to achieve the usual expected portability.
 C source at that, to achieve the usual expected buildability.
Or maybe I'm confused.
The various commerical systems (Solaris, AIX, Irix, VMS, Windows, Darwin, HP-UX) do/did not have this problem.

 - Jay