[M3devel] Package dependencies.

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Wed May 16 23:07:06 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 08:40:51PM +0000, Jay K wrote:

>  >  And is there also a source package built?
>

>  No. It would be C code anyway, so not source from most
> people's point of view.
>

> > Because the source package is what's needed for uploading to
> > Debian.
>

> They wouldn't like it anyway.
>  What do they do with stuff written in Haskell, C#, etc.?

They'd be happy with it provided they have Haskel, C#, etc.
implementations already in the system.  A Debian package
can have build-dependencies, which is other packages that
have to be installed to builld it.  I don't know how this works
with bootstrapping self-hosting languages.  Maybe it takes
ad-hockery.  Maybe a new release build-depends on the
previous one.  Or on anything aat least as up-to-date as
the previous one.

-- hendrik