[M3devel] building packages

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Wed May 16 23:15:26 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 08:24:52PM +0000, Jay K wrote:

> Your CVS tree is maybe incomplete or out of date? Try this:
>    cd m3-sys
>    rm -rf m3cc
>    cvs -z3 upd -dAP m3cc
>    cd m3cc
>    cm3

I wsn't using the CVS tree.  I was using
cm3-src-all-5.8.6-REL.tgz, downloaded from
http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cm3/releng/download.html.

Maybe your instructions apply only to a still-newer source
tree.

> Or just checkout a whole new tree.

That's what I'll do.  Is the current head in good
enough shape?

> Yes, there is a lot of C code, that uses autoconf -- the gcc backend.

So you compile the gcc backend.  Presumably cross-compile
it if necessary.  Does gcc on one platform also produce
object code for another?  Or does the script custom-pick
the backend depending on the target platform?

-- hendrik