[M3devel] C backend -- mode or call quake?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Fri Oct 12 06:43:58 CEST 2012

ok..so..I think time to make this decision and implement it.
 - add a "mode" for C and deal with it in Builder.m3  I implemented and tested that and presented the diff a few weeks ago  It is reasonable, simple, works..but it isn't strictly needed.
or
- use IntegratedObject and have the C backend call the C compiler "itself" (via theexisting quake/config files)I can go ahead and implement that.

Either way, cm3 likely must know about the C backend.It at least has to "new" it, and maybe pass down function pointers for runningthe C compiler -- or maybe M3C can get the pointers itself.
Or I can put this off a bit longer and improve the generated C...Using "integrated" saves us from writing and reading back the .mc files.More efficient.