[M3devel] Windows issue

Antony Hosking hosking at cs.purdue.edu
Fri Oct 19 15:56:11 CEST 2012

I have had a query from a user of CM3 regarding Windows installation.  I am completely at sea answering since I never use Windows.

Here is his question:

I have a problem with the M3 compiler since I have installed Visual Studio 10.
cm3 does not find the Windows linker. I work with vim and have configured the
make macro to call cm3/bin/cm3.exe and the error happens when quake tries to
invoke the MS tools. I know there exists vcvars32.bat, but its effect is not permanent.
It should be invoked somewhere by cm3/bin/config/NT386.common etc.

Can anyone help?

Antony Hosking | Associate Professor | Computer Science | Purdue University
305 N. University Street | West Lafayette | IN 47907 | USA
Mobile +1 765 427 5484