[M3devel] M3CG_Ops.Public vs. M3CG.T

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Wed Sep 26 10:11:00 CEST 2012

M3CG_Ops.i3:

child: M3CG.T := NIL;(* The default methods simply call the corresponding method in 'child',   hence a vanilla 'M3CG.T' can be used as a filter where you override   only the methods of interest. *)
1)
I am not keen on fixing this, but I feel this was clearly a mistake.
M3CG_Ops.Public should have been "purely abstract" with no defaultimplementation.M3CG_Filter.T or somesuch could have been as described.

2) I am fixing:M3CG.T is overused.Most uses should be M3CG_Ops.Public.It is ok to derive from -- though that was a mistake.But functions that take or return M3CG.T should really betaking and returning M3CG_Ops.Public.