[M3devel] update and static link stuff...

Mika Nystrom mika at async.caltech.edu
Wed Sep 19 03:41:17 CEST 2012

Jay K writes:
>From the two examples and guessing at what the code means=2C I guesswe can'=
>t "store closures"=2C like in globals or record fields.They can be paramete=
>rs and locals.And that is how the compiler knows some things can't be closu=
>res.?=20

Yes I think that's right.  From the way the Green Book is worded it looks
like the issue of passing an inner procedure was a bit of an afterthought.
You can't assign them to anything but you can pass them as parameters.

And you're right about printf.  All architectures I know of support the
passing of "the wrong number of parameters" without mangling the stack.

    Mika